Home remedies for acne
Acne, a common skin disease is an inflammation of the skin caused by the sebaceous or oil glands. The sebum oil clogs the pores of the skin resulting in the formation of acne problems like white heads and black heads. If the bacteria are trapped by the sebum oils under the skin surface, then whiteheads appear. When the sebum oils and the bacteria tend to be visible on the skin and turn it black, then blackheads appear. Acne can be seen mainly on the forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, temple, scalp, shoulders, and back. The acne tends to affect teenagers within the age group of 12 to 20 years. The few reasons for acne are: hormonal changes during puberty, unhygienic living habits, excessive consumption of alcohol, aerated drinks, hereditary or excessive intake of oily foods.
There is no permanent cure for acne. Proper exercise, dietary habits and hygienic skin care measures will result in alleviating acne. For mild to moderate acnes, home remedies and if the need arises some topical medications can solve the problem. But if you are suffering from severe acne problems, then it is advisable to seek the help of a dermatologist. Severe acne can cause scars on the skin. The normal acne problems seen in teens are pimples, black heads or nodules.
The following are the few natural and home remedies that you can apply to the acne affected areas:
- Applying a puree of fresh tomatoes on the areas affected by acne for three times a day.
- Aloe vera is known to be an excellent source for absorbing skin oils. Apply the gel that is extracted by crushing the leaf on the acne areas three times a day.
- Mixture of fuller's earth and yogurt will work wonders on the acne areas and it has to be applied minimum of three times a day.
- Mix honey, egg white and lemon juice and a little bit of fuller's earth to make a smooth paste. This paste has to be applied all over the skin and can be washed off after twenty minutes.
- Egg yolk is best known natural product that aids in removing oily shine on the skin. Apply egg yolk on the acne areas and leave it to react with the skin for about 15 minutes. You can wash it off with cold water.
- Raw Papaya pulp helps in removal of dead skin and is an excellent natural facial product that will aid in cleansing of the skin and opening of the skin pores.
- A smooth paste made out of a mixture of mashed apple, oat meal, beaten egg white, lemon juice etc has to be applied on the face for about 15 minutes. Finally, it has to be washed off using cold water. This is a natural oil removing facial product.
- Rub the acne affected skin areas with cloves of garlic several times a day.
- Mix equal quantities of rose water and lemon juice and apply on the acne areas for about 15 days. Leave it to react for about half an hour and rinse off with cold water.
So, proper hygienic conditions and a few natural home remedies will be more than sufficient for teenagers to alleviate mild to moderate acne problems.
Compare Acne Products
- Treating acne
- Acne treatment for men
- How is acne caused
- Healthy diet to control acne
- Daily regimen to prevent acne
- Asian way to treat acne
- Natural ways to prevent acne
- Acne scar treatment
- Problems related to acne
- Dealing with acne problem
- Acne home remedies
- Teenagers acne advises
- How to live with acne
- Dietary habits to cure acne